03 December 2006

Winter Wonderland

It is Saturday night and I am bored, surprised? Well let me tell you this; my liver hates me right now and drinking would not be in my best interest. After consuming 10 gallons of “holiday flavors” last evening, I really do not think my liver has the ability to oxidize more booze. I have spent this past week either drunk off of my ass or sitting in front of the TV in my underwear watching the “E! Channel.” If I see or hear Ryan Secrest come on with anymore “breaking news” concerning the marriage of two people that I could give a rat’s ass about, I am going to personally cancel the cable. Who in the hell cares about Tom Cruise and Kati Holmes? I sure as hell don’t. The marriage will end up in divorce anyways.

How about all of this snow! Brings me back to summer when I couldn’t drive after my run in with the law, except this time I have a valid driver’s license. In retrospect I am thinking that it was not such a good idea to buy a Mustang and proceed to “supe” it up. The damn thing doesn’t know what traction is in dry conditions, much less when there is a sixteenth of an inch of snow on the ground. I slid through 4 stop signs the other night while traveling 4 fucking blocks. I think I may find it necessary to invest in a monster truck or a snow plow. Anyone have any of those items for sale? Never the less it will be stuck in a driveway for a week or 2, unless I get towed, which will save me a lot of trouble.

On the football scene I must say that I am impressed with UCLA defeating USC today. I do not know if I or much less America as a whole can stand to see USC in another national championship game that no one watches. The regular season games are far better than those “Bowl Championship Series” games. Personally I am rooting for Michigan to play Ohio State, as Michigan has been the second best team all year. Fuck the “experts” and what they think. The Bears on the other hand are progressing well with a 9-2 record. This season is rather reminiscent of last year, as the offense has taken a shit and the defense; along with Brian Urlacher’s gravitational pull are winning games. Just two fucking touchdowns would have tied the game last week against New England. But Rex Grossman decided to do what he does best; run like a chicken with his head cut off and throw the ball to the other team.

On the political front I have not seen “W” make an ass of himself of late, except when he was stood up by the Iraqi prime minister. That is a classic! This is the guy Bush probably had installed as the PM, yet the guy does not give him the time of day. I love it! Hugo Chavez, the “populist” (he runs around in mobs with his people) president of Venezuela has been on fire of late with his critical comments concerning our president. I am not sticking up for Bush, but come the hell on Hugo! “Diablo?” That is all you can think of? Get some new material or call Donald Rumsfeld.

I have also been obsessed with the big story out of Britain that CNN cannot get enough of; the poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko. Litvinenko evidently was a former KGB man who has been rather critical of current Russian President Vladimir Putin’s policies (he has a fetish for Soviet Russia). Litvinenko blamed Putin for ordering him poisoned with Polonium 210, a nasty radioactive substance that probably only the Russians would have for consumer use. Personally I believe that the Russians probably had something to do with it, as they do not fuck around, which in this context is right up their alley. I mean if there is a bank robbery-hostage situation in Russia, they go on a head and bring the tanks in; no shit.

Bout all I got for now...damn!

No comments: